A budget version of our popular 160W Solar Kit – Suitable for all types of 12V batteries.
A 160W solar kit is an excellent option to keep a fridge and a couple of lights running. This of course is completely dependent on the weather and the total energy being consumed but this size panel stands a good chance of putting into a battery most of what a fridge takes out on a daily basis. So this solar panel kit is the ideal solar solution for people who require a portable solar kit and have the space to pack it inside a vehicle or trailer/caravan, as it is not designed to be mounted on a roof rack. It can however be strapped securely to a roofrack if you wrap it in a blanket or similar to prevent scratching.
The 160W solar kit, with daily good sun, will generate enough energy to keep one fridge/freezer running permanently, assuming a decent deep cycle battery in good condition.
The components below have been selected to make this kit as budget conscious as possible.
- 2 x Renewsys 80W poly solar panels, hinged together with aluminum hinges.
- Victron PWM 10AMp Solar Regulator (5 year warranty)
- 10m Extension Cable from the solar panels to the regulator (Green Connectors)
- 2m Cable from the regulator to the battery, with a grey brad harrison on the end.
- Maximum Output – 8.2
- Maximum Power Voltage – 18.5 Volts
- Likely daily energy output: 45Ah to 65Ah (facing the sun on a sunny clear day). Minimum: 0Ah (overcast and rain). Maximum: 80Ah (tracking the sun on a fully clear mid summer day). Figures are for guidance only, for a clean solar panel and other factors.
- Strong folding handle to carry the kit
- 2 Fold out legs
- Dimensions of complete kit folded up (LWH) 640mm x 830mm x 78mm. (1280mm wide when opened)
- Weight – 15kg, incl cablesNote that the prices for this pre-configured kit is fixed. If you would like to change any individual item then the prices applicable to each individual component will apply.