Portable Solar Panel Kit designed to suit the Ctek D250S Dual, Intervolt DC/DC and National Luna DC/DC etc (Not included) – Suitable for all types of 12V batteries.
A 160W solar kit is an excellent option to keep a fridge and a couple of lights running. This of course is completely dependent on the weather and the total energy being consumed but this size panel stands a good chance of putting into a battery most of what a fridge takes out on a daily basis. So this solar panel kit is the ideal solar solution for people who require a portable solar kit and have the space to pack it inside a vehicle or trailer/caravan, as it is not designed to be mounted on a roof rack. It can however be strapped securely to a roofrack when folded into the bag.
The 160W solar kit, with daily good sun, will generate enough energy to keep one fridge/freezer running permanently, assuming a decent deep cycle battery in good condition.
The components below have been selected to make this kit as efficient as possible. The kit is available as a complete kit, everything you need is included:
- 2 x Renewsys 80W poly solar panels, hinged together with aluminum hinges.
- No regulator, but includes 2m input cable to suit your DC/DC, with grey plug and lugs
- The cables and connectors needed to connect the solar panel to the regulator and the regulator to the battery: a short junction cable joining the two panels in parallel ending in a 50A connector plus a 15m extension cable with grey 50A connector on both ends. All cables are supplied ready-made.
- NOTE: You will require a short cable, with grey 50A connector on one side, plus the appropriate connector for your DC/DC Charger (Lugs etc). We can make up this for you at no additional charge, but please let us know what you need when ordering.
- Maximum Output – 8.7 Amps
- Maximum Power Voltage – 18.5 Volts
- Likely daily energy output: 50Ah to 70Ah (facing the sun on a sunny clear day). Minimum: 0Ah (overcast and rain). Maximum: 80Ah (tracking the sun on a fully clear mid summer day). Figures are for guidance only, for a clean solar panel and other factors.
- Sturdy canvas carry bag, with integrated pouch for cables and regulator
- Strong folding handle to carry the kit
- 2 Fold out legs
- Dimensions of complete kit folded up (LWH) 640mm x 830mm x 78mm. (1280mm wide when opened)
- Weight – 17kg, incl cables.Note that the prices for this pre-configured kit is fixed. If you would like to change any individual item then the prices applicable to each individual component will apply.