A 80W solar panel is an excellent option to keep a fridge and a couple of lights running. This of course is completely dependant on the weather and the total energy being consumed but this size panel stands a good chance of putting into a battery most of what a fridge takes out on a daily basis. So this solar panel kit is the ideal solar solution for people that have the space and budget to buy a medium-sized solar panel.
Even if the 80W solar panel cannot generate enough energy to keep a fridge running permanently, it will be enough to extend the battery’s life by two, three or more days.
The kit is available as a complete kit, everything you need is included:
- An 80W solar panel (this is a short and wide (660 x 860 excl frame) panel suitable for just about all vehicles and installations).
- A Victron PWM Light 10A regulator (this is a great good quality regulator with LED display). This regulator can handle one 80W solar panel on the input and one fridge (with turbo assist mode) or two fridges (without turbo assist) on the output.
- The cables and connectors needed to connect the solar panel to the regulator and the regulator to the battery: a 10 metre cable from the back of the solar panel to the regulator’s solar input, and a 2 metre cable to connect the regulator to the battery. All cables, connectors and battery lugs are supplied ready-made.Features
- Likely daily energy output: 15Ah to 30Ah (facing the sun on a sunny clear day). Minimum: 0Ah (overcast and rain). Maximum: 46Ah (tracking the sun on a fully clear mid summer day). Figures are for guidance only, for a clean solar panel and other factors.
- The solar panel can be mounted onto a roofrack, load bars, canopy, etc. or can be placed on the ground at an angle facing the sun.
- The solar panel with frame and connection are weatherproof so can be mounted permanently and left out in the sun or rain.Specifications
For details / specifications of the individual components please click on the links in the RELATED PRODUCTS section below.Note that the prices for this pre-configured kit is fixed. If you would like to change any individual item then the prices applicable to each individual component will apply.