A 85W solar panel is an excellent option to keep a fridge and a couple of lights running. This of course is completely dependant on the weather and the total energy being consumed but this size panel stands a good chance of putting into a battery most of what a fridge takes out on a daily basis. So this solar panel kit is the ideal solar solution for people that have the space and budget to buy a medium-sized solar panel.
Even if the 80W solar panel cannot generate enough energy to keep a fridge running permanently, it will be enough to extend the battery’s life by two, three or more days.
The kit is available as a complete kit, everything you need is included:
- An 80W solar panel (this is a short and wide (670 x 860) panel suitable for just about all vehicles and installations).
- A Victron PWM Light 10A solar regulator (this is a great good quality regulator with LED display). This regulator can handle 2 x 80W solar panel on the input and one fridge (with turbo assist mode) or two fridges (without turbo assist) on the output.
- The cables and connectors needed to connect the solar panel to the regulator and the regulator to the battery: a short cable with connector on the back of the panel, a 5 metre cable from the back of the solar panel to the regulator’s solar input, and a 2 metre cable to connect the regulator to the battery. All cables, connectors and battery lugs are supplied ready-made.
- A 15 metre extension cord so you can camp in the shade and place the panel in the sun.
- Likely daily energy output: 15Ah to 30Ah (facing the sun on a sunny clear day). Minimum: 0Ah (overcast and rain). Maximum: 46Ah (tracking the sun on a fully clear mid summer day). Figures are for guidance only, for a clean solar panel and other factors.
- The solar pane can be mounted onto a roofrack, load bars, canopy, etc. or can be placed on the ground at an angle facing the sun.
- The solar panel with frame and connection are weatherproof so can be mounted permanently and left out in the sun or rain.Specifications
For details / specifications of the individual components please click on the links in the RELATED PRODUCTS section below.Note that the prices for this pre-configured kit is fixed. If you would like to change any individual item then the prices applicable to each individual component will apply.